Monday, May 2, 2011

Sunday morning , 2 beatifications

http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/pope_john_paul_ii.jpg  http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01816/osama-620_1816649c.jpg
Both claimed to operate
for the same " Boss"





I was brought-up in a Christian-Arab family
and my education was evangelical
which is much far away from Catholicism.
Therefore the ceremony at the Vatican yesterday
for the beatification of the ex-Pope,
did not impress me at all  , and has left me totally indifferent.


I was brought up also as an Arab
and my education included everything valuable and moral
in that civilisation which inherited ,all the Babylonian,all the Assyrians,
the Phoenicians, the Nabateans, the Chaldean's,the Canaanites,
the Pharaohs and all the Ghassaninats........

Therefore ,
how could I react ?? to the beatification of a Pope
and, simultaneously ,to the murder of an Osama  Ben Laden,
that both have happened on the same Sunday-morning.........


This ex-Pope was once was an ex-Polish-soldier
and is now beatified by a Pope who was an ex-Hitler-youth
while,
Osama Ben Ladin was a retired-terrorist
killed now,  by the Godfather of all terrorism.


My built-in-conscience as an Arab-Christian-Evangelical person
does not allow me to shed any tears nor to raise any praise.

What ever the ex-Pope was , his successors is not better,nor worse
and what ever Ben Laden was , Obama is not better, neither.


Raja Chemayel
 

No comments: